Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Coconut Brownie Cookies (2015:4)

When my mother-in-law decided to get rid of cookbooks last year, I took Brownie Mix Bliss from her, deciding to give some of the recipes a try.  Camilla Saulsbury has written quite a few books and I own her Power Hungry....though I haven't made much out of it.  I tend to buy cookbooks and never use them.  Sigh.

I love her recipe from the brownie book for Big Brownie Cookies.  They're decadently delicious and even Mr. Higgins - not the biggest chocolate fan - adores them.  This past weekend, when I was craving chocolate, I turned to Camilla and her brownie mix recipes once more.  

When I saw the Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies, I was intrigued.  I love coconut...so I decided to leave out the nuts and make Coconut Brownie Cookies instead.

1 19.5-19.8 ounce box brownie mix
1 2/3 cup sweetened coconut
1/3 cup light coconut milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 large egg (I used egg substitute)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (my addition because I love chocolate)

Toast the coconut until fragrant on a foil-lined baking sheet (no non-stick spray required) for 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees.  

Mix other ingredients, adding the coconut once it's out of the oven.  

Drop by level tablespoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, 2 inches apart.  Bake for 10-13 minutes or until just set.  Allow to cool for one minute on the sheet and then transfer to a wire rack.  


These cookies were very tasty.  They didn't knock my socks off like the original Big Brownie Cookies...  But they're the same in chocolate-y goodness + coconut.  So yum!  

No comments: