Monday, March 30, 2015

Week Two: Peak 10 Challenge #3

After eating too much last weekend, I'm ready for some serious workouts this week!

Monday: Pure Cardio + yoga


I woke up with a mind-numbing headache this morning so Pure Cardio was more difficult than it should have been.  I made it through with my skull still intact, thank goodness, and then downed copious amounts of Excedrin.  Yoga was good but I think it aggravated my already sore back.  I'm getting really frustrated with the back pain!

Tuesday: McLean's Unleash Your Inner Strength + Amy's Skills and Drills + weights


Today it was time to take it down a notch.  These two workouts are perfect together.  McLean gets your heart rate up and then takes it down, up and down.  Amy alternates kickboxing with bursts of cardio - jumping rope and jacks.  All this got me sweating in no time!  And it was easy on my back!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec.  It was not fun but I got through it.

Wednesday:  Anytime Anywhere No Excuse Workout + yoga


I was dreading this workout, as always.  But I got through it and did better than last week.  I still modify the burpees and will continue to do so as long as my back is iffy.  At yoga, I asked the instructor about my back and she let me use a foam roller before class.  It felt great.  I may do that before each class!  Thankfully, she went a bit easier on us and gave us a good stretch with some movement, but not too much.

Thursday:  Dozois' Total Body Cardio + Strength on Glo + BodyFit 360 Vol. 3 - Athletic Conditioning


Today I needed to do some weights so I turned to Michelle's workout on Glo.  It alternates cardio and weights with four sections of each.  One part, she has you on the floor in single-arm plank and then you raise up to your arms and go back down to the elbows.  This one is always tough for me but I get better and better.  I had a work lunch so no workout.  I got home a bit early so I did the cardio in Athletic Conditioning followed by a 10 minute stretch.  It made me feel better after eating not so great at lunch.

Friday:  Ellen Barrett's Grace and Gusto + walk


It was time for something light this morning so I turned to Ellen's new workout.  It's low-impact and full of side stretches and plies.  Very nice!  At lunch, I went to the rec and walked the track.  I did some good stretching, too, since I was super sore for some reason.  Also, some ab work to round out a 30 minute lunchtime workout.

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + Amy's All Around Energy 

After eating a bad dinner last night, I was ready to burn some calories.  A new workout from Michelle got me super motivated.  The CIB Fat Blaster is a lot of fun.  I was clueless on a few moves but quickly picked them up.  Michelle is just so innovative!  After an hour of that, I wanted 20 more minutes of some low-impact cardio so I turned to Amy's workout on Glo.  That was fun - lots of squats, lunges, plank work interspersed with low-impact cardio.  It was nice to finally do a longer, 10-minute, stretch after all this!

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party

Another bad day of eating yesterday....ugh.  I chose to do the Fat Blaster CS again to get more familiar with it.  It's definitely fun - and tough.  There's a section of floor work in the last circuit that gets me every time.  I warmed up and cooled down with Ilyse's dance workout, which is fun.  So, I did an hour and twenty minutes of cardio plus ten minutes of stretching and ab work.  I love weekend workouts!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1292
Tuesday - 1262
Wednesday - 1247
Thursday - 1518
Friday - bad
Saturday - bad
Sunday - 1289

Good news!  My thyroid levels are now normal!  So, no change in medication this week - yay!!  Bad news - no change in weight either.  I know I haven't been eating as great as I could be so I guess it's good I haven't gained anything.  I'll just focus on that positive.  

Now that I'm normal, I'm hoping my body will figure out that it can go back to behaving as it used to.  Please!  

No comments: