Monday, March 2, 2015

Combat Challenge: Week 8

My last week - and not even a full week - of Combat!  Wow!  I can't believe it's been 8 weeks.  

I'm a bit sad as this Challenge winds down but it's been a lot of fun and I've seen some good results.  Hopefully that shows in the bikini I'll be wearing next week!  Ha!

Monday:  Combat Power HIIT 1 + BodyFit 360 Vol. 3 - Athletic Conditioning


A Snow Day meant I could work out for longer today.  Yay!  (Yes, that makes me oddly excited!)  I started with Power HIIT 1 and after doing it every other day for the past 6 days, I was glad to say good-bye to this workout for a while.  I think it's given me great results but it's a challenge.  My legs were already aching as I started the cardio portion of 360 and Michelle didn't give them a break for 30 minutes.  Whew!  I took advantage of the day at home to do the full 20 minute stretch on this video.  I love it!

Tuesday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix


A delayed opening of work meant yet another opportunity for a longer workout.  I subbed this CIB for the second round of Combat 45 - not wanting to do it twice in a week.  And this CIB always makes me happy.  My legs were still achy from the weekend but they got through this workout.

Wednesday:  Combat 45 - Power Kata


The last day to do Power Kata...  I do enjoy this one and it's nice to not dread the workout you have to do at 5:30 am.  This morning, I was a bit rushed so I shaved 5 minutes off my usual 50 minute workout.  Snow and sleet meant a potentially perilous commute and I wanted the extra time.

Thursday: Combat Shock Plyo HIIT 2 + my own cardio

My last Combat workout for a long time!  I was happy to be done.  Because our internet was down, I did my own warm-up and cardio, then rounded out my 50 minutes with Shock Plyo.  It was nice to warm-up on my own and stretch my back.  I still don't know what's up with that.

Calorie Counts:

I stayed at around 1270 calories on Monday and Tuesday....then we had birthday celebrations at work on Wednesday.  We left for the cruise on Thursday, and while I didn't eat bad, I ate more than 1300 calories.

Good news!  The new dosage of meds has finally made an impact on my weight.  I lost 2.5 pounds!  Only 3 or so more to go!  Hopefully this means I can lose my cruise weight when we get back.  Fingers crossed!

Look for my Combat wrap-up next Monday!

No comments: