Friday, February 27, 2015

Crispy Potatoes with Spicy Tomato Sauce (2015:2)

I ended up with some extra potatoes recently and wanted to try something different.  My go-to potato recipe has been oven roasted since I haven't had great luck making tomatoes on the stove.  But I decided to give it another try.  This recipe for Crispy Potatoes with Spicy Tomato Sauce sounded rather appealing.

The sauce in this recipe looked quite tasty since I almost always grab ketchup to go with my potatoes.  And it turned out good - just not quite spicy enough for Texans.

I made the potatoes in a non-stick pan as opposed to my cast-iron skillet and it was definitely easier.  But it still took longer than what the recipe called for.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong on that end.

While this was a doable recipe, I think I'll stick to my oven-roasted potatoes.  They're just so easy and yummy!

No comments: