Monday, February 23, 2015

Combat Challenge: Week 7

Even though my thyroid is apparently screwing up everything with my metabolism, I'm trying to stay motivated.  We leave for a cruise in a week and a half (!).....so the thought of a bikini is pretty terrifying right now.  

But I'll keep going...

Monday: Combat 45 - Power Kata + yoga

This one is so much easier to get in to instead of the HIIT Combat workouts.  It's fun and there's not much of a dread factor - except for one move that comes about 3/4 of the way through: jumping knee strikes. I still can't do those correctly but they get me out of breath every time so I don't care!  Ha!  At yoga, we did a lot of leg and hip work.  I had no idea there were muscles in some of the places we worked.  Dang!  I was actually sweating today, though it wasn't particularly difficult, just....challenging.

Tuesday:  Combat Shock Plyo HIIT 2 + Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves + weights


I was not looking forward to HIIT this morning - but I kept telling myself it was all for my legs.  Ha!  Ilyse's dance workout eased me into the morning of fun-filled cardio.  She so much fun!  At lunch, I did weights....since I didn't do them last week.  I still don't enjoy weights at the rec but I'll keep trying to get it done.

Wednesday: Michelle's Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + Amy Dixon's Intervals + yoga


The Combat calendar called for another round of Combat 45, but I wanted something different.  I combined two Glo workouts to make a 50 minute sweat session.  Ha!  I love Michell's quick Cardio Blast and Amy's Intervals, while uncreative, is good because you can sub in your own moves when you want.  I personally get tired of doing one move for 8 rounds so I do some different things to stay happy.  Yoga was good - and difficult - today.  She did some lunge twists that really opened up my hips.  Wow!

Thursday:  Combat Power HIIT 1 + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals


My back was hurting again this morning.  It hurt to even reach down and touch the floor.  I have no idea what's going on.  I eased into working out this morning and then got through everything….but I'm getting annoyed with this pain.  Having not done burpees in weeks now, I don't know what else is causing it.  Bad news from the scale today: I still weigh the same.

Friday: Dozois' BodyFit 360 + walk

Back to the original BodyFit 360 today - and how fun it is!  My love of Michelle Dozois keeps growing as she continuously puts out great workouts, even on Glo.  I gave myself 10 minutes to stretch this morning with her and it was lovely!  At lunch, I got out and walked.  The rec center did not sound appealing so I walked around the old neighborhood bordering campus. Very nice!

Saturday: Combat Power HIIT 1 + Michelle's Cardio Strength 2 on Glo

I knew this workout would be a long one but I also didn't know how long I'd last with my back still aching.  Combat started me off and I warmed up a bit beforehand.  I can use heavy weights for all the lifting in this workout.  Yay!  I subbed the 5 minutes of burpees with other cardio.  After floor work, I moved on to Michelle's CS2 on Glo.  I like this one but I just can't seem to ever remember it.  It's tough, though, and some of the floor sequences really get me. I was dripping sweat but it felt good!  And I amazed myself by getting through it all.  Then, stretching and abs.  1.5 hours of cardio and weights!

Sunday:  Combat 60 Live - Ultimate Warrior's Workout + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party + abs

Today, my legs hurt like they haven't in a very long time.  I may have done a little too much yesterday.  I went through Combat Live and then decided to take it down a notch.  Since I've been wanting to try Ilyse's Dance Party, today seemed like a good time.  At first, I thought there was no way this would give me a good workout but I kept sweating throughout and had fun.  Yay!  I finished off my workout with a good stretch and some ab work.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1274
Tuesday - 1274
Wednesday - 1286
Thursday - 1289
Friday - 1375
Saturday - 1401
Sunday - 1388

After more bloodwork on Thursday, the doctor upped my thyroid meds again on Friday.  I'm now taking two different pills!  We'll see how this goes.  With the cruise next week (!!), I won't be able to get more labs done for three weeks.  I hope the higher dosage means I don't gain 20 pounds on the cruise!

I ate well this week and splurged just a bit on the weekend.  I figured I burned more calories with my crazy workouts and could afford to eat a bit more.  On Saturday, I made my favorite broccoli salad and chowed down on that all weekend.

No comments: