Monday, February 2, 2015

Combat Challenge: Week 4

Okay, now that I'm taking a higher dosage of hypothyroid meds, I'm losing weight - or at least, I'm telling myself that until I weigh on Friday.  Ha!  As per the norm these days, my  motivation is sky high due to the addition of the hypo pounds.  

On the Combat calendar, this week consists mostly of the HIIT workouts.  Next week, it backs off of the HIIT.  So, I'm not really looking forward to this week - ugh!  Here we go.

Monday: Combat 45 - Power Kata + yoga

It was nice to not dread my morning workout - yay, no Combat HIIT!  Combat 45 is a lot of fun and pretty easy to follow at 5:30 in the morning.  The Combat instructors are a loud bunch but at least they keep me awake and moving.  Yoga was nice today - a good combination of challenging work and relaxing stretches.

Tuesday:  Michelle's HIIT - Breathless and Energized + Combat Power HIIT 1 + walk

I am getting a bit tired of the Combat HIIT workouts - most especially burpees and lunge jumps.  But I'm going to try my hardest to stick with them this week to stay on target with the Combat calendar.  It helps starting off with Michelle's HIIT; she always gets me in a good mood!  At lunch, I walked at the rec.  It was nice to have alone time, away from the office, co-workers (though I love them), and computer.

Wednesday: Michelle's Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + Combat Shock Plyo HIIT 2 + yoga

This morning, I woke up energized, which is about the only reason I got through my Combat workout.  Ugh!  I do not like the Shock Plyo.  But lunge jumps had better be easier for me after all this.  Michelle's workout is a lot of fun, especially when done before the Plyo, since there is little warm-up in that Combat video.  Yoga was rough today since the instructor kept coming back, over and over, to chair pose.  My legs were shaking within 10 minutes of class.  This always amazes me - yoga works muscles differently than any other workout.

Thursday: Conditioning for Long Lean Muscles by Michelle Dozois + weights

Today was my Combat rest day.  And I really needed it.  Instead of taking it too easy, though, I did Michelle's Glo workout - basically a BodyFit 360.  I was sweating and my heart was pumping while doing tons of plies, squats, and lunges between cardio bursts. These workouts seem easy....but they are not.  At lunch, I went to the rec to do weights, despite my already sore arms.  Sigh.

Friday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Combat Shock Ply HIIT 2

Good news!  I've lost 4 pounds in a week!  The hypo meds are working!  I started my workout actually happy this morning - at 5:30.  Ha!  Ilyse's cardio in Dance Intervals is fun but basic, allowing me to wake up slowly.  Combat is definitely a shock - but at least I was feeling better about myself.  I took the day off from the rec center; I knew I needed a day to rest at lunch.

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix + Michelle's Quick Lower Body Shape Up


Knowing my weekend would consist of bad eating, I was ready to work this morning!  Michelle's CIB was calling so I did that, having fun in the process.  Next up, I wanted to do some strength; her Lower Body workout, lasting 15 minutes, seemed a good choice.   All in all, about 1.5 hours of working out if you count sit-ups and stretches.  Oh, and have I mentioned how easy sit-ups have become?!  I'm amazed!

Sunday: Combat 60 Extreme Cardio Fighter

I was eager to get my Combat on this morning!  Ha!  It was fun to do this workout since it's so different from Peak 10.  I can't say I love it but it's a nice change.  Next week, I'll get to do a new, long Combat workout.  Exciting!

Calorie Counts:

Monday -  1276
Tuesday - 1246
Wednesday - 1246
Thursday - 1284
Friday - bad
Saturday - 1622
Sunday - BAD!

It was my mom's birthday and Super Bowl weekend - so the eating was awful.  I tried to be good on Saturday and mostly succeeded.  Little victories.

No comments: