Monday, February 9, 2015

Combat Challenge: Week 5

Has it been five weeks?!  Dang!

This week, we had to eat leftovers from our Super Bowl/birthday festivities.  Yay for something different; boo for the diet.  

I'm happy that I get a break from Combat HIIT this week.  I'm thinking that the absurd amount of burpees in those workouts is causing my newfound lower-back pain. So when I have to go back to those next week, I may sub the majority of the burpees with a different exercise.  Getting hurt, permanently, does not sound at all appealing.

Monday: Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix + Dozois' Heart-Pumping Total Sculpting

I was home with stomach issues today.  Once I felt better, I decided to get in some good, quality workouts.  CS Remix is fun - and super hard!  I think there's only one circuit that does not have you on the floor.  Wow.  After that, since I had the weights out, I decided to really make my arms and legs burn with Total Sculpting.  It was my first time doing this 20-minute workout on Glo and it's definitely a challenge.  My arms and legs were aching afterward!

Tuesday:  Combat 45 - Power Kata + walk


This morning had me doing cardio with Power Kata.  The circuit with the knee strikes - holy cow!  That gets me every time.  At lunch, I walked at the rec.  I even jogged a bit, not to be outdone by the annoying little undergrads.

Wednesday:  Amy's Intervals + Michelle's Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + yoga

This week's Combat rotation called for Kick Start, but that did not seem nearly intense enough for me today....after the weekend eating.  So, I did Amy's HIIT workout on Glo.  That one always challenges me.  I followed it up with Michelle's Cardio Blast. All in all, a good morning of HIIT!  At lunch, I went to yoga which was a good mix of stretching and strength challenges.  

Thursday:  BodyFit 360 Vol. 3 - Athletic Conditioning + weights

I didn't really want a rest day this week, or even a light day.  I settled on BodyFit 360 Vol. 3 which was a nice compromise - 30 minutes of intense cardio and then 20 minutes of stretching.  I skipped the arms and abs, knowing I'd do weights at lunch.  I really do hate weights at the rec....but I did them.  Ugh.

Friday:  Combat 45 - Power Kata

Next week, when I have to go back to Combat HIIT, I'll be very depressed.  It's been a nice break this week.  Kata was fun this morning as I learn new ways to make the moves more intense.  I like to get the most bang for my buck!  Ha!

Saturday:  Combat 60 Live - Ultimate Warrior's Workout


A new workout today!  Yay!  I really enjoyed the Live version of Combat 60.  There were some new moves and really challenging leg work which I liked.  I added some additional minutes of my own cardio to make it a full hour.  Then my own stretch and ab work.

Sunday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Strength

Wow.  This one is always a challenge.  I'm usually okay until the last circuit that has a crazy tough floor sequence - donkey kicks then sit-outs to mountain climbers, sit-outs, mountain climbers, frog.  Oy.  I hate that one.  But I enjoyed the rest of it!  I added on some additional cardio and weights to get in 65 minutes. Then a nice stretch.

Calorie Counts:


Monday - BAD - Super Bowl leftovers
Tuesday - 1388
Wednesday - 1274
Thursday - 1229
Friday - 1354
Saturday - 1279
Sunday - 1274

Good news: The doctor has increased my thyroid hormone meds again, starting this Saturday.  My bloodwork showed that I'm still hypo.  Bad news: I've gained weight due to my weekend of excess last weekend.  It was to be expected but it's never fun to see, especially so close to a cruise.  At least I was able to be good this weekend.  We stayed in on Friday night.


Next week it's back to Combat HIIT and to the strict diet!

No comments: