Monday, March 16, 2015

Post-Cruise Workout Week

We returned from our cruise late on Monday and I was back to working out on Tuesday.  Ha!  I crave routine, even if it makes my sweat and ache.  I'm going to start another Peak 10 eight-week challenge on Saturday, so I need to get back in the groove!

Monday: homeward bound

Tuesday:  Dozois' Rockin' Body Cardio + walk

It was painful to get up this morning but Michelle got me going.  This is an oldie but a goodie and one that I frequently do right after the holidays or a cruise.  It's fun, not too difficult, but it always makes me sweat.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did some ab work.

Wednesday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Dozois' HIIT - Breathless and Energized + Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + weights


It feels so good to be working out again - even if I haven't slept well in three nights!  Ha!  This morning was fun.  I can't remember the last time I did all of Ilyse's dance workout.  Michelle's cardio challenged me after my workout hiatus but I made it through and it felt good!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec.  The only good part about that: the place was deserted because of Spring Break.

Thursday:  Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves + Scott's HIIT - Sporst Inspired Intervals + walk

Today's dance workout by Ilyse was a bit easier than yesterday's so I tried to power it up a bit where I could.  I haven't done Scott's full HIIT workout in a very long time so that was fun.  I skipped the burpies because of my back.  At lunch, I walked a mile at the rec and then did some ab work.  

Friday: The Firm's Bootcamp: Maximum Calorie Burn

I was ready for some weights today so I turned to this workout by The Firm.  It's good and I always know when I'm not at my best when this one gets the better of me.  And it did this morning.  When it came time to do lunges with armwork, I stopped.  My legs were already not happy and my heart was pounding.  I stopped the lunges and did arms only.  No workout at lunch today; I needed the break.

Saturday:  Cathe's Intensity + Dozois' BodyFit 360 Vol. 3 Athletic Conditioning (stretch)

The weekends always give me more time to workout and I was looking forward to Cathe today since it was something different.  I don't love her but her Intensity is a good cardio workout.  I did step + low HIIT + high HIIT for a total of 60 minutes.  Having not been able to do yoga this week (Spring Break), I needed a good stretch and turned to Michelle's 20 minute stretch on the BodyFit 360 Vol. 3 disc.  It's so good!  

Sunday:  PeakFit Fit Test + Cardio Strength 2 on Glo

On Monday I start my next Peak 10 Challenge so today I did my Fit Test.  It was very clear that I'm not in the shape I used to be in.  The cruise and/or the thyroid weight gain slowed me down and I actually had to take some breaks during the test.  That was really frustrating.  Instead of burpies, I did 180 degree jump touch downs.  I'm just not willing to sacrifice my back.  After  the test (about 30 minutes long), I went on to do CS2 on Glo - for 30 minutes.  That was also a challenge and it was hard to not get frustrated with myself.  But at least that means there's room for improvement.  Ha!  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - travel day
Tuesday - 1346
Wednesday - 1289
Thursday - 1254
Friday - 1486
Saturday - 1267
Sunday - 1264

There was a party at work on Tuesday so I ate half a bagel….but at least I skipped the sweets!  On Friday, I went out to lunch and splurged just a bit.  To make up for it, I was super good over the weekend.

Thyroid update….  Starting next week, my meds will go up again.  I'm so close to being normal but I'm still hypo.  After a week of not sleeping this week, I was worried I had gone over and become hyper.  But no.  Here's hoping for better sleep next week….  My weight didn't go up too much after the cruise, so that's something.

No comments: