Monday, April 20, 2015

Week Five: Peak 10 Challenge #3

Oh, week five, how I dread thee!  La sigh.

After the first four weeks of the Peak 10 Challenge, Michelle throws you a curve ball: for the next four weeks you add an additional Cardio Strength into the mix.  This is hard for me since it means one day, during the work week, I have to do a CS after work.  I do not like this.  But at least it shocks the body - hopefully.

Monday:  Anytime Anywhere

No Pure Cardio this week.  I skipped Anytime Anywhere last week so it's back this week, along with a HIIT instead of Pure Cardio.  Oh, fun.  To add to the fun, I was dealing with having had very little sleep on Sunday night; I woke up so exhausted on Monday.  It was a morning I could have easily called in sick, but I didn't.  Somehow, I got up and did this workout.  A meeting meant no workout at lunch.

Tuesday: Michelle's Tip Top Shape on Glo

It was time for weights today so I tuned into Michelle's Glo workout, which is one of my favorites.  My arms were aching by the end of this one!  The cardio isn't as tough, which is fine - I needed a lighter day since there will be more high impact cardio this week.  At lunch, I went to hear our nutritionist talk; she's always fun!

Wednesday: McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits + yoga


I finally slept last night, thanks to two Advil PMs.  I rarely take those because two make me feel groggy and gross the next morning.  So, yay, I slept!  Boo, I felt lethargic all morning.  This HIIT workout was the last thing I wanted to do, but I got through it.  I added on some cardio, skipping McLean's ab work at the end, to make this workout longer (50 minutes).  At lunch, I finally got to work out today, and it was good to get back to yoga.....even if she made us plank a hundred times.

Thursday: walk + Peak Fit Cardio Strength 2 + Michelle's Heart-Pumping Total Sculpting

I walked at the rec today and it was good to have that break at lunch.  It worked out that on this day, when I had to add in my additional CS, I took off work early to get my thyroid labs drawn.  Getting home early was great!  I did the 55 minute CS2 and then 10 minutes of Michelle's strength workout on Glo.  CS2 is difficult but at least the moves are more basic than the CS - Fat Blaster.  Michelle's strength workout on Glo is tough and I stopped halfway through because I'd already had enough!  

Friday: BodyFit 360 + walk

My reward for a hard workout the previous evening was the original 360 this morning.  I took it easy and tried not to jump too much.  I also skipped a portion of the harder work to do a longer stretch.  My body, my muscles, needed the break.  At lunch, I walked the track at the rec, mainly for steps.  Though I wasn't going fast, I broke a sweat.....so I worked harder than I thought!

Saturday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn

I got a late start working out and felt rushed today.  It was nice to do More CIB as it was my first CIB; I always enjoy it's familiarity.  But it's tough!  The first circuit always gets me.  I was tempted to do more cardio but circumstances didn't let me.  I spent 10 minutes stretching and doing some ab work and had to call it a day.

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party


Today was a good workout day, though, when I started, I didn't know if I'd have the energy.  The original CS gets me every time.  It is tough.  There is no letting up for 55 minutes.  Whew!  I wanted more steps after I was done, so I tuned into Ilyse's dance workout for 20 minutes.  Very fun!  My workout ended with stretches and ab work. 

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1628 (leftover pizza in the house)
Tuesday - 1296
Wednesday - 1263
Thursday - 1290
Friday - 1660 (it could have been worse)
Saturday - 1201
Sunday - 1272

Don't be fooled by Saturday's low number.  We lost power for 3 hours and all the food I wanted was in the fridge, untouchable.  Ugh!  And I regret Monday's pizza….but…..

Major, major news.  For the first time in 2015, I'm within my five pound "normal" weight range - just barely, like by 0.4 pounds, but I'm in it.  And this was after the pizza!  I knew I felt different - less bloated - so I got on the scale on a Sunday, of all times, and was dumbfounded.  And then ecstatic!  The meds are finally working!  Yay!  Now let's hope the doctor doesn't change them.  

Another week down, three more to go!

No comments: