Monday, April 6, 2015

Week Three: Peak 10 Challenge #3

Two weeks into this challenge, I'm feeling great.  If I could lose the last five pounds of my thyroid weight, I'd feel even better!  Ha!  At least that keeps me motivated!

Monday: Pure Cardio + yoga

My Monday morning ritual of Pure Cardio is tough.  This morning, my knees were a bit achy, as they were on Sunday. That's a bit troubling but not too alarming.  I've been asking a lot of them lately!  I got through my workout and then managed yoga at lunch.  The instructor had us doing interesting moves, including standing on our hands.  Keeping my head upside down isn't the most fun, but I guess it's beneficial if all the yogis do it.  

Tuesday:  Dozois' Tip Top Shape

I needed a break today.  Thankfully, Dozois' cardio and strength workout got me going without killing me.  Ha!  I like the weights in this workout and the alternating cardio is high impact but not crazy.  Only one workout today.

Wednesday:  Anytime Anywhere No Excuse Workout + yoga


When I woke up this morning, more tired than ever, I could not fathom getting through this AA workout.  Somehow - I have no idea how - I got through it.  It was as hard as always but I like that push-ups become easier the more I get into a Peak 10 Challenge.  I added on some of my own cardio to make this a 50-minute workout.  At yoga, the instructor did a lot of back exercises and I had to stop at back bends.  My lower back has been good for a week now and I did not want to aggravate it.  But it was a fun class!

Thursday:  Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves + Amy's Kickboxing Skills and Drills + weights

I was so happy to have a lighter day today.  I needed it.  Ilyse's dance workout is a lot of fun and mostly low-impact.  Amy's kickboxing is good and a bit more athletic than Ilyse's workout, so a good compliment.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  It was nice to get away from the computer for a bit.

Friday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop

We were off today for Good Friday.  That was good, considering I knew a workout on Sunday just would not happen.  So I did my CS today - the original CS.  It's always so much harder than expect.  I was sweating like crazy in no time and, despite the weight sections, my heart rate never slowed down.  To cool down, I did 15 minutes of McLean's dance workout.  It was a good change from Ilyse's dances, though I love her.  McLean had some different and fun moves.  A stretch completed my workout so I got in an hour and 20 minutes.  Not bad!

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster

Look for a review of this new workout from Michelle soon.  It's so much fun!  I did this one while we were away at my parents'.  It's always hard to fit in a workout but I made time today. 

Sunday: rest

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1280
Tuesday -1322
Wednesday - 1296
Thursday - 1295
Friday - bad
Saturday - bad
Sunday - Easter - bad

With the holiday, my eating was not good this week.  I was pretty good during the week but being out of town screwed up the diet over the long weekend.  I'd lost 0.8 pounds when I weighed on Friday morning....but I probably gained that back and more over the weekend.  Oh, well.  Sometimes you just gotta live.


No comments: