Monday, April 27, 2015

Week Six: Peak 10 Challenge #3

My little - but significant - weight loss last week has me super motivated to keep going and lose more!  

Weeks six through to the end are always the toughest for me.  I get to be wholly physically exhausted.  When it's bad, even yoga does little to perk me up.  So here's hoping I can stay energized through these last three weeks!

Monday: Pure Cardio + yoga


The break from Pure Cardio last week did me good as it was easier to get through it this week.  It's still tough, especially at 5:30am, after a weekend of hard workouts, but I made it through.  I was hoping yoga would be nice and relaxing but it was the opposite - one of the hardest classes in a long while.  Ugh!  My arms and legs were aching by the end.

Tuesday:  walk + PeakFit Cardio Strength 2

I got to have a lazy morning today - wow!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did some ab work.  Then, after work, it was time for the real work - CS2.  Sigh.  I cannot express how much harder this is for me in the evening.  By the end, I am just wiped out.  I took my time with the stretches and was then good for nothing the rest of the night.  Ugh.

Wednesday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101+ Dozois' HIIT - Breathless and Energized + yoga

My workouts will get messed up later in the week so instead of doing my relaxing workout this morning, I had to work.  I didn't do HIIT all morning but Ilyse's dance workout is similar to a HIIT as you jog/jump rope/jack for long stretches and then recover.  I forget how much I work in this one.  Dozois' HIIT is a workout - but I like how short it is, at 15 minutes.  Yoga at lunch was so nice - all stretching.

Thursday: Dozois' Total Body Cardio and Strength

It was time for weights today.  I really enjoy Michelle's Glo C+S; it's effective and fun without being super hard.  Sometime this summer, I want to buy some new weights - 12 pounds.  My heavy set now is 8 and I think 12 would be a good, substantial challenge - and the most bang for my buck!

Friday:  PeakFit Dynamic Flexibility

This was a lovely change today.  I needed a day with no high impact and this workout is just great for a rest day.  I managed to break a sweat - and sweated quite a bit - because stretching is hard work!  And Michelle leads you through some yoga moves that work all your muscles.  

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

This was a fun workout today.  I like that this original CIB does not make you go to the floor.  It still works you hard but there's no dread factor, which is nice!

Saturday: Cardio Strength 1 on Glo

Wow, I always forget just how hard this workout really is.  Michelle has you going  up and down to the floor and the cardio is super intense….  Dang!  The only thing that saves it from being impossible is that the peaks aren't unbearable.  Next time, I need to remember that and it'll keep me motivated.  Ha!  I added on an additional 10 minutes of low-impact cardio and then 10 more minutes of ab/stretching.  So, one hour and ten minutes of working out.  Not bad!

Calorie Counts:

It was a lost cause this week.  It's been bad.  Here's hoping I can get back on track next week.  Only two more weeks are left in this Challenge and I want to see some results!


No comments: