Monday, April 13, 2015

Week Four: Peak 10 Challenge #3

Easter at my parents' house meant a long weekend of bad eating.  It was a good time and I have no regrets....but now it's time to get back to the routine of working out and healthy eating.  

Monday: Pure Cardio + yoga


Mondays with PC are always fun.  After taking Sunday off from working out, I needed this cardio.  I always have to skip a bit of one section and usually that ends of being the last - hardest - one.  This time, I skipped part of the third section so I could do all of the harder last section....for a challenge.  Lunge jumps are in the last section, just so you know what I mean by "hard."  At yoga we did tons of leg work so I'm expecting to hurt tomorrow.  Ow!  It was fun and I love the classes that have focused work like that but I expect pain later on.

Tuesday: Amy's Sports Sculpt + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop + weights

Today was my lighter cardio day so I chose to do McLean's hip hop dance workout again, since I enjoyed it so much on Friday.  Then, I did something new: Amy's Sports Sculpt.  It's mostly low-impact though she does have some jogging in the mix.  It was good, definitely not great, but different.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  Ugh.  It was crowded and hot.  

Wednesday:  McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits + yoga

For the last few Peak 10 Challenges, I've subbed McLean's HIIT workout for some of the Anytime Anywhere workouts, which wear on me after a while.  It was nice - but tough - to do this HIIT again.  I skipped the burpees, doing jacks and high knees instead.  At yoga we did some more back poses, some of which I skipped.  Then the instructor did an ab series that almost killed me.  Fun!

Thursday:  Michelle's Total Body Cardio + Strength + walk

Winding down the week, I needed a weighted workout.  I love this workout from Michelle - but it's tough.  I'm happy to say that elbow planks up to straight planks and back down again - this is getting so much easier for me!  Yay, progress!  At lunch, I walked at the rec since I needed more steps.  

Friday: Body Fit 360 Vol. 2 - Dance Conditioning

My light day - yay!  It was so nice to take it down a notch today.  I even made most of the jumping moves in this workout low-impact.  The stretch, though not as good as the original 360, felt really good.  A nice morning!  

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn + Scott's Lower Body Power

Whenever I start the original CIB, I think, wow, this is easy!  But it sneaks up on you and soon I was dying.  This CIB is better proportioned, I think, because the ascents are 80% low-impact……not that that makes this workout any easier.  I struggled but got through it.  I wanted just a little more when I was done with that, so I did 15 minutes of Scott's leg workout - lots of squats and plies.  My workout ended with a 10 minute stretch and some abs.  So, an hour and 25 minutes - not bad!

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster + Amy's All Around Energy

I was feeling a little off this morning and working out did not sound appealing.  However, once I got into Michelle's new Fat Blaster video, I felt better.  This one is tough because some of the moves are complex and not easily remembered.  But I like it!  Look for my review soon!  I then did 15 minutes of Amy's mostly low-impact workout.  Following that, a stretch.  So, one hour and 20 minutes of work!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1288
Tuesday - 1264
Wednesday - 1482
Thursday - 1259
Friday - 1282
Saturday - 1353
Sunday - BAD

We had pizza on Sunday and I ate way, way too much.  Thankfully, I knew about it ahead of time and ate well the rest of the weekend.  I was afraid to weigh….though I took my measurements and they look good!  Some improvements.  

No comments: