Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Broccoli Raisin Slaw (2015:5)

Broccoli slaw has become a favorite thing in our house.  Even Mr. Higgins loves the things I make with the conveniently packaged slaw.  Our favorite broccoli slaw recipe is very tasty...but I'm always on the lookout for new recipes.

When I came across Recipe Girl's concoction for Broccoli Raisin Slaw, I was immediately intrigued...but skeptical about the raisins.  I'm not used to having raisins in my slaw....but Craisins are good in salads/slaws....

So I decided to give this slaw a try.  I used light Miracle Whip instead of light mayo and Taco Bell hot sauce instead of Tabasco (which I thought was in my fridge but was not).  Despite these minor substitutions, the slaw was great!

I loved the slaw, the raisins, the dressing....and Mr. Higgins would have gobbled it all up if I had let him!  This one is a keeper!  Who knew raisins could work with broccoli?!  

No comments: