Monday, January 13, 2014

Broccoli Salad Slaw (2014:1)

So far this year, 13 days into it (!), I'm really enjoying my time in the kitchen.  As long as I'm prepared to spend time cooking and baking, I really enjoy it!  And I've already tried a new recipe this year!  

My mother-in-law came across this recipe and decided to make it, with a few variations, for Christmas.  Once home, I decided to make it, with a few adjustments to her adaptation.  First off, I wanted to make more salad, so that we could eat on it for a good five days or so.  This was accomplished with the following recipe, which turned out great!  I'll be making it again and again!



Broccoli Salad Slaw

For the salad:

1.5-2 heads of broccoli, rinsed and chopped
1/4 of a white onion, chopped
1/2 c carrots, chopped
2 bags of broccoli slaw

For the dressing:

3/4 c water
3/4 white vinegar
.7-.9 ounce packet of dry Italian dressing mix
3/4 c sugar (I used 1/2 c Splenda, 1/2 c sugar)

Combine all the veggies in a bowl/container with a cover.  Combine ingredients for dressing, stirring until the sugar mostly dissolves.  Pour over salad mixture and stir well to coat.  Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.  Will last in the fridge for a week. 

No comments: