Friday, January 10, 2014

Goals for 2014

One thing I love about blogging is that it forces me to look back in time and see what's happened in my life.  Another tool for that is the wonderful Project Life.  With all this documentation of last year, it's easy to see what I read, what I cooked, and what I crafted.  It's great!  

And by doing all this reviewing of the last year, it's easy to set new goals for this year.  I already outlined a few in my fist post of the year. Now that I'm settling into 2014, I find that I want some additional goals.  

1.  Work on my genealogy stuff (as mentioned before).  Specifically, I want and need to get through the stack of papers my in-laws brought in October - which I haven't touched.  

2.  Lose my cruise/holiday weight (as mentioned before)....and get stronger while improving my flexibility.  Michelle Dozois, here I come!

3.  Read 20 books this year.  Last year I read 16 so surely this is doable.

4.  Try 20 new recipes (20 seems to be my magic number).  I really want to do more in the kitchen, especially more new stuff!  I love the foods I make....so I want to keep making them!  But I'm going to try new things!!  This is partly inspired by my friend, SK, who set a great kitchen goal last year and met it! 

5.  Knit 3 projects this year.  I don't care what they are, even if they're dishcloths....I just want to do more knitting.

6.  The biggie: finish my novel.  I'm so close....

And so there are my goals for 2014.  Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

SKP said...

Good luck!

I think you will very much enjoy working towards and meeting the reading and cooking goals. On the latter, watch out - it just might take over your life! :)