Friday, January 17, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Casserole (2014:2)

My dad hates casseroles.  Since my mom's main objective in her cooking was always to please my dad, she never, ever made casseroles.  Indeed, the very thought of the dish was foreign to me until I was grown-up.  

Now, my main problem with casseroles is that they are rarely low in fat.  Since I usually try to eat healthy, casseroles are not something I turn to when I choose to spend time in the kitchen. 

However, I recently saw a pinned recipe that, for whatever reason, I was very tempted to try.  It was a casserole - a Chicken Enchilada Casserole, to be exact. In an attempt to save some calories, I used whole-wheat tortillas and 2% cheese.  It was yummy!  Mr. Higgins - who grew up on casseroles - really liked it, too!  


And so, this recipe is being added to my recipe book.  It's a keeper!

No comments: