It's that wonderful time of year again...for reflection and thought upon last year. It's time for the Archies - my annual review of the past year and all the great things it offered. This idea came from Donna and it's something I've really enjoyed doing. It's basically a list of my 50 favorite things from the year. Every year you compile a list, you add an additional item, so I'm now up to 54! See also 2012 and 2011. Okay, here we go....
1. a new job. finally. deo gratias.
2. new co-workers. i like them.
3. saying good-bye to my old boss. awesome.
4. Valley Church Beach, Antigua.
5. “Battlestar Gallactica.”
6. a new car.
7. Rainbow Beach, St. Croix.
8. Misty Fjords plane ride.
9. Alaska – so beautiful.
10. The Bronze Horseman, Paullina Simons.
11. a new pope.
12. “Downton Abbey."
13. happy hour on St. John, USVI in Cruz Bay.
14. BEFORE MIDNIGHT.
15. Exit Glacier, Seward, AK
16. Carmina Burana, performed by the FWSO at Bass Hall.
17. Auburn football. the national championship game is Monday.
18. LONE RANGER soundtrack.
19. a letter from Gooseberry Patch.
20. hiking on Antigua.
21. Jules Watson’s Dalriada Trilogy.
22. Clark Gardens.
23. Pigeon Island, St. Lucia.
24. Nothing Bundt Cake’s Pumpkin Spice Cake. yum.
25. my new study wall of framed art/maps.
26. first (completed) baby sweater.
27. Pitons of St. Lucia.
29. Joe’s Rum Hut, Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI.
30. potatoes – in the skillet or oven-roasted.
31. family portraits.
32. Chandor Gardens.
33. “Battlestar Gallactica” soundtrack – the best music ever made for TV.
34. Tom Hiddleston.
35. STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS.
36. Chicken Bacon Wraps.
37. new Project Life products. tons!!
38. knitting baby socks!
39. Mendenhall Glacier, Juneau, AK.
40. TheWinter Palace, Eva Stachniak.
41. genealogy software.
42. my low-fat broccoli salad.
43. crazy-early morning workouts (because of new work hours).
44. broccoli slaw.
46. IKEA cart. for crafty supplies.
47. Richard Armitage. Thorin.
48. a new writing buddy.
49. scrapbook page frame.
50. Crock-Pot Cornbread.
51. Scrapbook Celebration, Aledo, TX.
52. Royal Caribbean’s Radiance-class ships – all our recent cruises have been on these smaller, tasteful ships.
53. work clothes shopping spree – since I’m now working with adults.
54. The Civil Wars. i especially like their rendition of an Advent classic, “O Come, O Come Emmanuel.”
That's it! Whew!