Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Big Brownie Cookies (2014:33)

I first tried these cookies several months ago but forgot to post about them.  Mr. Higgins loved them so much that I've made them again twice, I think.  They are like little brownie bites - so, so good!! 

Big Brownie Cookies by Camilla Saulsbury (in Brownie Mix Bliss, 2005, p. 135)

1 19.5-19.8-ounce package brownie mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil or unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, semisweet
1 cup chopped nuts, optional (I left these out)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray (I used parchment paper). 

In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, and eggs. Mix with a spoon until just blended.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.  

Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.  

Bake 11-14 minutes until cracked in appearance and just barely set.  Cool 1 minute on sheets.  Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.  Makes about 2 1/2 dozen big cookies.

I got 45 cookies out of this recipe (my tablespoonsfuls were less heaping), making each cookie 89 calorie each. Wow!  This is one of my new, favorite dessert recipes!

No comments: