Friday, September 26, 2014

Shadows on the Nile

I recently finished a novel my Kate Furnivall entitled Shadows on the Nile.  It's a little late to be considered historical fiction but since I love Furnivall's writing, I decided to read it.

My Goodreads review:
Kate Furnivall's Russia "series" (though not technically a series) is one of my absolute favorites. So when I saw this book, I eagerly snatched it up.

The story takes place in 1920s-30s England and begins with the mysterious disappearance of Jessie's baby brother. Later, as an adult, another disappearance occurs that leads Jessie on a merry chase all the way to Egypt to find her brother.

Furnivall's characters are fabulous, especially Georgie, Tim, and Monty. She gives the reader quite a few surprises to go along with superb writing, excellent research, and a fun plot. While not quite as captivating as the Russia books, Shadows in the Nile is a pleasant read.
        


No comments: