Friday, September 5, 2014

Cinnamon Loaf Cake (2014:32)

Though I've been doing some baking lately, mostly cookie, I was itching to try something new.  I'd pinned a recipe for Cinnamon Loaf Cake and, once I calculated the calories, decided to make it.

My first hurdle was self-rising flour: I had none.  I found the baking powder/flour substitution online and proceeded with the rest of the recipe.  Instead of creamer, I used skim milk and 1.5 tsp of vanilla. 

The cake smelled delicious while baking.  I love making the house smell good!  But when I took the cake out of the oven, it was flat....as in an inch thick.  Obviously, my sub for self-rising flour did not work. Ack! 

But the cake tasted wonderful!  It was so wonderful that I bought the right flour at the store so I can attempt to make it again - the right way.  It's perfect for drinking with coffee or tea.  Yum!

No comments: