Monday, September 1, 2014

Week Seven: Jari Love Challenge

Here we go!  My last week of this challenge; my last week before a week off from working out!  Wow!

I definitely think I'm due for a rest, even though my OCD-brain hates the thought of taking a week off from exercise.  But after a while, you have to rest and refuel just to get your motivation back.  And this is what I need. 

However, before that rest, I'm going to hit it hard this week! 


Monday:  Jari Love's Get Extremely RIPPED 1000 - Workout 1

The first workout on this disc is by far my favorite.  It's always tough but the cardio is much more preferred than that of the second workout.  This workout lasted for 35 minutes.  I then did a leg strength track, using weights, followed by a nice stretch.  Not bad for a Monday morning!

Tuesday: Jillian Michaels' 6 Week Six-Pack

I hadn't touched this video in forever!  So instead of doing a lighter fusion/pilates/yoga workout this week, I decided to be tortured by Jillian.  Ha!  Her ab workouts have cardio circuits incorporated throughout, in order to burn calories while sculpting.  As a result, I definitely sweated.  I did the entire basic workout and half of the advanced, which was one circuit before it was all repeated.  Wow.  We'll see how my abs looks!

Wednesday: 500 Calorie Workout by The Firm

This morning, I wanted some good cardio.  The Firm's workout got me sweating in no time, alternating between five minute segments of cardio and then weights.  Even though I've done plenty of weights lately and during my Peak 10 Challenge, this workout always gets me.  Perhaps it's the repetitions of the compound exercies.  Even though it was tough, it felt good!

Thursday: Get RIPPED! 1000 by Jari Love

I haven't been sleeping well this week and this morning, I woke up feeling icky.  But I made myself move and, before long, I was well into this Jari Love workout.  

Friday:  Glo's Sweat It Out, Burn It Off and HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals

I put these two videos together to make a 50 minute cardio workout.  The first was athletic cardio with some light weights (but all cardio) and the second was HIIT training.  You alternate 20 second HIIT moves.  I like having different types of workouts within my 50 minutes so this was fun!

Saturday: rest

Sunday: rest

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1385
Tuesday - 1385
Wednesday - 1365
Thursday - 1398
Friday - BAD!
Saturday - bad
Sunday - bad

Mr. Higgins' parents arrived Saturday morning and so my "break" began.  

No comments: