Monday, September 8, 2014

Rest Week

I'm totally and completely phsyched about doing another Peak 10 Challenge next week.  In the meantime, my in-laws are in town, forcing me (ha!) to take a break from my crazy workouts.

One of the more adventurous things I did this week was to become a member at my employer's rec center.  Yes, it's good to work at a university.  Up until now, however, my building was so far from the rec center that working out there was not an option.  And I still don't like gyms or working out in front of people.  But, after eight years, I decided to take the plunge for one simple reason: lunch.  I can go and walk on the indoor track at lunch or, just maybe, take a yoga class. 

We'll see how this goes.  I already have buyer's remorse.  No joke. 

Here's a rundown of my "rest"...

Monday: Glo's Thrills and Drill by Amy Dixon

Before you freak out, I did ten minutes of this very light cardio "workout."  I wanted some time to myself in our full house so I went with my laptop to our bathroom and did this.  Ha!  Amy is still way too chatty so I still don't know what to make of her.  Ugh.

Tuesday: walking

I walked to my car - twice.  That's ten minutes each round trip.  I walked to the rec center to buy a membership.  Yay!  It's just not much fun walking when it's 100 degrees out.

Wednesday: Yoga class at the rec

When I committed to doing this class, I was oddly nervous.  Working out with undergrads has never sounded appealing.  I went with a co-worker and was happy that 75% of the class was made up of faculty/staff - all needing a break at lunch.  It was a lovely class.  I stretched in new and different ways.  When it was over, I bought a class pass for the year.  Yoga is offered MWF and if I go at least twice a week, that pass is worth is.  

Thursday: walking at the rec

At lunch, a co-worker and I really needed to get out so when I said I wanted to walk on the track in the rec (with my newfound membership), she eagerly joined me.  We walked for 30 minutes - not too fast but enough to sweat - for about 1.25 miles.  There were undergrads around us but not too many.  It felt good to be active after stretching so much the previous day.  

Friday: rest

Saturday: rest

Sunday: Peak Fit Test and Peak 10 More Cardio Strength

Wow.  I can't believe how much this test affected me.  My legs were shaking afterward and I could barely get through 30 minutes of the cardio strength.  I skipped the peaks in the CS workout since I had done 10 peaks with the fit test.  I was exhausted.  So, 25 minutes for the test, 30 minutes for the CS, and about 10 minutes of stretching.  I'm done.  

Calorie Counts:

Um, no.  We won't go there.  I ate out every day except Sunday.  I tried to be healthy but sometimes that was no possible.  It was, however, a nice change from the routine, which has gotten a bit stale after the long summer months.  

Now I'm ready for my next Peak 10 Challenge!

No comments: