Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Now that Mr. Higgins' parents have moved to town, I'm in search of more recipes for entertaining.  On this day, I wanted something easy.  When I looked at my Pinterest recipes, these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars looked delicious.

I love recipes that require no strange ingredients....so this one was perfect!  I followed the recipe exactly...but made enough for an 8x8 pan.  Figuring out a bake time turned out to be the only challenge.  

But I put the pan in the oven and set the timer for 15 minutes (the recipe said 20 minutes for a 9x13).  At 15 minutes, it did not look done so I ended up adding an additional 5 minutes of cook time.  At that point, the edges were plenty brown - as was the rest.  

I let the pan cool and then.....realized they were gooey - so gooey they were not cooked all the way.  Ugh.  I put some in the fridge and they were actually delicious.  The rest went into the freezer.  I plan to defrost them, warm them, and put vanilla ice cream on top.  They are incredibly yummy.....but they needed longer in the oven.

No comments: