Monday, July 25, 2016

FitnessGlo Challenge: Week 5

Wow, another month of Glo to go!  

With all my horrible summer eating, I need to work out like crazy.  Here we go!

Monday: Amy's Cardio Intervals + Kickboxing Skills and Drills + walk

There need to be a lot of cardio this week.  Today, Amy's Intervals - always fun and challenging.  Doing one high impact move for 90 seconds is never easy!  Then, Amy's kickboxing - so very different from Combat but very fun!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center - and then did some serious ab work.

Tuesday:  Petra's Circuit-Style + weights


Normally, Petra's easy weights/cardio workout would have annoyed me.  I didn't feel challenged or productive.  But I think I really needed a lighter morning...and her workout was light.  Almost all the cardio was low-impact and I kept it that way.  I even used lighter weights so my weights at work would be more effective - and they were!  So it turned out to be a productive day, after all!

Wednesday:  Ilyse's Work Hard, Have a Great Time + McLean's Kickbox Your Way to Fit

No, I did not have a "great time" with Ilyse but parts of this workout were fun.  It's definitely not my favorite since it's geared more toward athletic cardio (i.e. non-stop jumping and hopping) but at least it was effective.  After that, I tuned into McLean's kickboxing workout.  I always forget about the lunge jumps that happen at the beginning of the workout.  Ouch!

Thursday:  Scott's Boot Camp Burn

This was my second time through this workout and I didn't really remember it from the first time.  Alternating between cardio and weights, it's good without being too intense, though it's a level 3.  Jeffrey uses a ball for some exercises so I subbed a lighter weight.  Just like Denise Klatte, Scott seems to follow the same formula for the majority of his workouts.  At least he's predictable!

Friday:  Ilyse's Full-On Cardio Blast + Amy's Wonderful Cardio Blast

Family obligations mean I won't be able to work out tomorrow so my Saturday workout had to happen today.  I needed serious cardio and Ilyse delivered.  So much jumping!  Whew!  After that one, I tuned into Amy's workout...but I didn't follow it too closely since she uses a ball in this one.  I did the high-impact moves and then tried to keep my heart rate up as Amy did ball stuff.  Ha!

Saturday: REST

Sunday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster

I wanted to really work today so a Peak 10 workout fit the bill.  I really do love this CIB - there are a few circuits that are just plain fun.  And then some are very challenging, so it's a good mix.  I did a total of 60 minutes of cardio.  Then, five minutes of work with the 12-pound weights, a good stretch, and sit-ups.  So, about 75 minutes of work today.  Cool!

Calorie Counts:

My eating has not been great.  I'm only getting about two or three days of healthy eating in - below 1200 calories.  But it's the summer and I'll have to buckle down again all too soon.

No comments: