Monday, July 11, 2016

FitnessGlo Challenge: Week 3

We're back from the July 4th holiday, when I ate way too much.  But it was all fun, and fun was needed, so it's fine.  

The excessive summer heat is making everything almost unbearable, including working out indoors.  The house is so much hotter.   Ugh.  But this new Challenge is keeping me motivated - new workouts are good!

Monday: REST


The holiday meant a rare day off!

Tuesday:  Denise's Super Cardio + Total Body Strengthening


Weights today.  Ugh.  Denise's Super Cardio was mostly weights, after a cardio warm-up.  That warm-up, though, was non-stop!  Whew!  Jump rope, run, jack, plyos....  I was glad to do weights!  After this one ended, I moved on to her shorter Strengthening workout, which was all weights.  I was sweating like crazy throughout this workout!!

Wednesday: Cathe's Intensity + walk


My one complaint about this Glo Challenge: all the weights.  This program would have you do weights practically every day.  And I don't understand that, especially from people who should know better.  I was desperate for cardio so I chose to throw in Cathe's workout - though I hate doing it in the morning.  It's tough but at least I feel like I worked hard!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.....  Always proud of myself for doing that bit of extra.

Thursday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Powerhouse Cardio

Ilyse's dance workout was not in the Challenge but I needed cardio!  And it was nice to do one of my favorites.  Powerhouse was in the Challenge program...and it uses weights.  Sigh.  I didn't use them - I did the cardio instead.  And Ilyse did tons of cardio with and without light weights so it worked out fine!

Friday:  Denise's Medicine Ball Blast + Amy's Complete Body Sculpt + weights


I won't lie - these videos were disappointing.  For Denise's, I don't have a medicine ball so I used a 6-lbs weight occasionally but otherwise used this video for cardio.  Denise's cardio, from what I've witnessed so far, is very unimaginative.  Shuffle, jump rope, jack, squat jump.  Over and over.  Amy's workout was good but it had a lot of floorwork which I can't do easily in the mornings.  So I only did the standing work.  Sigh.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec.  

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop + Amy's Core!

Peak 10 today!!   Yay!  I love this CIB and it was fun today!  I sweated like crazy and worked hard - a great feeling!  After that 55 minutes of cardio, I tuned into McLean's dance workout - one of my faves.  And always fun!  I got in 15 minutes of that before a nice stretch.  Then, Amy's core workout…..tons of crunches.  Ouch!  A great day!

Sunday:  McLean's Test Your Limits + Scott's Calorie Bursts for Calorie Burn

I was dreading weights today with McLean.  This workout looked tough and it was.  I skipped the burpees, doing other cardio instead, and I had to shorten some of the floor work.  I wanted more cardio!!  Scott's workout was heavy on the weights, which was good.  So, 65 minutes of weights/cardio.  I then stretched and did some abs. 

Calorie Counts:

I had several good days this week.  Thursday was really bad, as was Sunday.  I weighed on Sunday, before the day started, and my weight wasn't too, too bad.  Sigh.

No comments: