Monday, July 4, 2016

FitnessGlo Challenge: Week 2

One week down and I'm really enjoying this challenge so far!

It's fun doing so many new workouts.  There's very little dread factor when I wake up because I usually don't know what to expect!  Ha!

Monday: Denise's Interval Sweat + Dozois' Work It + walk


I've done very few of Denise's workouts - and none of her cardio, I think.  So she was a change this morning.  Her level 3 workout was about a 2.25 for me but it was still fun.  She layered in a lot of squats and lunges and after a while I did my own cardio instead to get my heart rate up!  Next up, Michelle's level 1 workout which I really tried to make more challenging by jumping.  It was a nice change.  At lunch, I walked the track at the rec center.

Tuesday: Amy's Complete Strength and Conditioning

Back to weights today!  Amy's workout is very effective and different enough to be good.  I like how every FitnessGlo instructor has a different style and that really helps to keep things fresh.  Amy's weights are more basic than others, like Dozois, and it's a nice change.  A good, productive morning!

Wednesday: Petra's High Intensity Drills + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + walk

Oh, Wednesdays.  My most difficult workouts are done on this day.  I did Petra's HIIT last week so I was dreading it a bit today.  But I got through it and didn't take the easy route on anything.  Michelle's Blast finished off my morning - and I felt really well worked out.  Ha!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.

Thursday:  Scott's Boot Camp Burn + weights

So I'm learning that Jeffrey Scott has a style and it doesn't vary overly much.  Ha!  This workout alternated cardio drills and weighted compound exercises.  I won't lie - some of the weighted moves were difficult for me.  It's hard for me to do those really fast and that's what Scott wanted.  But I did my best and it felt good - after the fact.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec.  I'd been dreading it so I'm glad it's over!

Friday:  Dozois' BodyFit 360 Vol. 3 - Athletic Conditioning

I needed to do cardio today - but not too much or too hard.  So I did 25 minutes of the cardio from Athletic Conditioning.  I tried to keep it mostly low-impact.  Then, 20 minutes of the fabulous stretch on this DVD.  Love it!  

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix + Scott's Sports Inspired Exercises

Yay!  Peak 10 today!  I was looking forward to seeing how I'd do in a Peak 10 workout and today I got my chance.  And it didn't kill me!  It was tough, for sure, especially since this one goes to the floor for the first four (out of five) circuits.  Whew!  But I got through it!  And I went on to do 30 minutes of Scott's strength and cardio drill workout.  I didn't go 100% on the cardio - I was tired - but I did it all.  Afterward, a nice stretch and sit-ups.

Sunday:  Ilyse's Your Best, Sweaty Self + Full-On Cardio Blast

Today: all cardio.  Since I won't get a workout in tomorrow, this one was important.  Ilyse is different than the other Glo instructors.  When she does cardio, she works you and she doesn't use a timer.  And her counting gets off.  So you will jack or star hop or jump until she feels like it's time to stop.  And then you don't stop - you jog until the next thing.  Her cardio is definitely a challenge!  Both of these were difficult but I got through it.  So, 50 minutes of cardio and then a stretch.  

Calorie Counts:

I had three good days but this week was tough.  And the holiday made it tougher.  Sigh.  

No comments: