Monday, July 18, 2016

FitnessGlo Challenge: Week 4

I'm almost halfway through this Challenge.  Wow!  I'm enjoying it so far, with only a few gripes about the program.

Monday: Amy's Intervals

I really enjoy this workout that Amy has designed.  It's different from the other HIIT workouts - in a good way!  It's a challenge but with little dread factor.  I only got in this 30 minutes today.  Life happened and it was uncontrollable.  

Tuesday: Denise's Cardio and Sculpt Challenge + walk

So this workout seemed very familiar....because, I'm learning, all of Denise's workouts are very, very similar. Sigh.  This one had some good cardio in the beginning (she used a medicine ball; I did not) followed by some good weighted exercises.  After her push-ups, I did my own cardio and weights since she turned to core then.  At lunch, I walked at the rec, wanting to burn more calories!

Wednesday: Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + HIIT - Breathless and Energized + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals + walk

Desperate for serious cardio, I strung together three HIIT workouts this morning - all of which are among my favorite workouts on Glo.  Michelle got me started with the lighter of her two HIITs - Calorie Burning.  So much fun!  Then the more difficult HIIT - Breathless, followed by Scott's HIIT.  His is easier only because the breaks are longer.  I felt well worked out after those three!!  Ha!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  So much eating out means I need all the calorie burning I can get.

Thursday:  Scott's Multi-Level Cardio Intervals + Denise's Total Body, Total Sculpt + weights

At first, I was worried about Scott's workout, which utilized a medicine ball.  I didn't use a ball and then the ball wasn't used again after the warm-up.  Yay!  This proved to be a good interval workout. Cool!  Denise's weighted workout was like the rest - but at least it's quick and effective.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec.  Fun.

Friday:  BodyFit 360 Vol 2 - Dance Conditioning

Due to crazy morning events out of my control, I had only 30 minutes to work out.  So I did 20 minutes of the dance in Michelle's Dance Conditioning…and then the full stretch.  I wanted that stretch!  And it was very nice!

Saturday: Scott's Cardio Drill Awesomeness + Get Your Circuit On + Ilyse's Fire Up the Six Pack

I didn't know whether to dread this morning, so that was nice.  Scott's Cardio Drills (cardio alternating with weights) was a good level 3  - though not really a challenge for me.  What is challenging about Scott is the number of weight reps he does.  Whew!  His Circuit was a level 2 and a bit easier - so I tried to make it harder.  So many reps, though….geesh!  All in all, 70 minutes of weights and cardio.  After a nice stretch, I did Ilyse's ab workout.  Her core workouts are difficult!  I barely got through the first half of this one!

Sunday: Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + Amy's Metabolic Meltdown

As usual, I dread Cathe's Circuit workout.  Ugh.  But I wanted cardio so I made myself do it.  And I survived!  Yay!  After that 40 minutes, I tuned into Amy's workout for 25 minutes of additional cardio.  I was tired after all this!  I stretched and did my sit-ups.  Whew!

Calorie Counts:

This week has not been good.  I had a few good days but that was it.  Sigh.


No comments: