Sunday, November 13, 2016

FitnessGlo Challenge #2: Week Two

After eating horribly last weekend, I'm motivated to work hard.  

Monday: Denise's Interval Sweat + Dozois' Work It


Thanks to the time change, I felt almost rested this morning, despite sleeping horribly all weekend.  I wasn't looking forward to Denise's workout because I remembered not liking it during the last Challenge.  But it was straightforward enough to be a blessing this morning- and I enjoyed it.  After that, I tuned into Dozois' light workout, which I tried to make harder by increasing what I could to high-impact moves.

Tuesday: Petra's High Intensity Drills + Amy's Metabolic Meltdown + weights

I can't really say I was looking forward to Petra's workout, but at least I knew what I was getting into, since I did this one last week.  Ugh.  After that fun, I tuned into Amy's workout which has both high and low impact circuits.  I made them high when I could, wanting the added benefit.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.....and had to walk in the rain to do so.  So, yay!

Wednesday:  Dozois' Conditioning for Long Lean Muscles

This workout is a lot of fun - basically another BodyFit 360.  Since I wasn't feeling great today, I did my Friday workout on Wednesday!  And I only did about 35 minutes of it.  But I love this one!

Thursday: Scott's Boot Camp Burn + walk

Weights today!  I couldn't really remember Scott's Boot Camp but it was good.  I kept the cardio drills low impact to have a lighter day....but I still got a great workout.  Scott isn't my favorite but I like his no fuss attitude.  At lunch, I walked the block around campus, which takes about 20-25 minutes.  And it was so nice outside! 

Friday: Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + Ilyse's Sweaty and Sassy Dance Fit + Amy's Core Power

Today was a good workout day!   I started it off with Michelle's cardio on the Bikini video - so good!!  Then, I did her HIIT on Glo, which is really, really good and effective when time is an issue.  In the evening, I tuned into Ilyse's fun dance workout for some low-impact work since I couldn't walk at the rec today.  I don't like this dance as much as some of the others but it was different.  And to end the day - Amy's core workout.  Ouch!

Saturday: Cardio Interval Burn on Glo + Amy's All Around Energy

I was ready to work this morning and this CIB was good!  And tough!  I always think that                     it's not too tough...and then it sneaks up on me.  Whew!  It felt good to work hard, though.  After that 55 minutes, I tuned into Amy's toning/cardio workout, which I really, really like.  After 20 minutes of that, I was done.  Then, after sit-ups, I stretched.  Lovely!

Sunday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Strength + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop 

This CS is never one I look forward to.  I have no idea why, but it's just so tough.  Maybe it's because you go to the floor in every circuit except one.  Sigh.  Thankfully, I didn't mind the hard work today but it was not easy.  After that, I did 15 minutes of McLean's fun dance workout.  Then, five minutes with the 12-pound weights followed by a stretch and ab work.  A good day!

Calorie Counts:

I had three good days this week but then I had an all-day conference...and the weekend....  Sigh.  It's frustrating.  However, I was able to get into a pair of my skinny jeans this week...and a blazer that was too tight a year ago.  That makes me extremely happy!

No comments: