Monday, May 15, 2017

Cathe Challenge: Week Eight

My last week of Cathe!  And not even a full week: we leave on Saturday morning for our cruise!!  Eek!

It's been a fun eight weeks with Cathe.  I've really gotten to know her style better - and seen the benefits of that style.  Look for a review soon.

Monday: Cathe's Gloved Up and Ready + YWA

Ugh, Mondays are always hard - and even harder when you don't sleep well.  And I didn't.  But today was kickboxing and that made me happy.  This workout contained some fun punching combos and plenty of cardio intervals to keep my heart pounding.  My one complaint: this workout, like some of Cathe's other kickboxing workouts, had no kicks.  None.  I like kicks; I want to kick!  After work, I did a nice YWA from Yoga Revolution.

Tuesday: The Gymbox's Extreme Cardio + weights + YWA

This morning, it was time for mega cardio with Ashli.  She always works you hard and this workout was no exception.  You jump so much in her workouts!  I skipped some of the mid-workout ab work and did cardio instead - I don't like integrated ab work.  But other than that, it was good!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  So glad to have that over with - again!  After work, I did this 33-minute YWA for relaxation and it was so lovely!  I love stretchy yoga!

Wednesday: The Gymbox's Extreme Cardio + Tracey Mallett's Core Conditioning + YWA

I needed low impact this morning so I combined two of Dana's low-impact circuit workouts to get a full 45 minutes in this morning.  And though these were low-impact, I worked hard - lots of squats and lunges.  Dana does not disappoint!  At lunch, I walked outside for 20 minutes - though not too fast as I was trying to not go too hard.  And at the end of the day, I did Adriene's Freedom Flow, which was much more intense than I remembered.  I got all hot and sweaty!  And following that up with Mallett's core workout did not help the sweat factor!

Thursday: Cathe's Metabolic Mashup 

So this morning, I decided to do all weights.  I haven't done a pure strength video in some time so I thought I was due.  Cathe's Mashup was tough!  I used only my 8-pound weights and could barely finish some exercises, there were so many reps!   My arms ached on my drive into work....so at least I know they were working hard!  At lunch, I walked outside again - but nothing too fast or crazy.  After-work commitments meant no YWA.

Friday:  Cathe's 80s Style Cardio with Low Impact Blasts Live + walk


This was my second time doing this Cathe Live workout and I liked it a lot more this time around.  It seemed easier than before so maybe my fitness level has improved.  Or maybe I was just happy to have something different for a change, rather than Cathe's normal circuits.  Anyway, it made for a good morning.  At lunch, I walked around outside - getting some good exercise.  And that was good because my diet was blown today because of work!

Saturday - Sunday: vacation


No comments: