Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Samoa Blondie Bars

At work, one of our lovely admins decided to quit work in order to finish her degree.  I'm so proud of her....but I'll miss her.  She's one of those bubbly people of which I'm envious - where do those bubbles come from!?  Ha!

Anyways, she always complimented my baking so I decided to bake something for her during her last week.  I'd seen this recipe for Somoa Blondie Bars and decided they would be perfect.

I couldn't find caramel chips so butterscotch was substituted.  Also, I was iffy on her liking of coconut, so I left that out.  Because I was leaving that out, I added about a 1/3 cup of milk chocolate chips (one can never have enough chocolate).  As these were baking, Mr. Higgins could hardly wait to test one for me - they smelled so good!  I added on an additional 5 minutes of cooking time (and lowered the heat by 25 degrees) but these were so puffy!  Wow!

We allowed them to cool and them sampled one - er, four.  They were delicious! Just like a cookie but softer and oh, so buttery and yummy. 

I can't wait to try them with coconut next time.  Now, these are not at all healthy but sometimes, calories be darned!  And it was so much fun to bake something new and different - and tasty!


No comments: