Monday, May 29, 2017

Post-Vacation Workout Week

We're back from a wonderful cruise out of Tampa, which really impressed us.  With all the fun came many drinks and a lot of unhealthy food.  Frankly, I'm terrified to step on the scale - so I'm not going to.

Before my Cathe STS rotation, I have a week to lose some of this weight.  We arrived home on Saturday night and I was up, working out, on Sunday morning....


Sunday: Dozois' Rockin Body Cardio + YWA

I felt bloated and heavy-footed this morning as I tuned into my traditional back-from-vacation workout, an older Michelle Dozois video.  It's a lot of fun, with old school aerobics but Michelle definitely challenges you with a lot of squats and jumping.  After that 45 minutes, I did my own cardio for 15 more to get up to 60 minutes.  Yay!  Then, a nice stretch, some sit-ups (oy), and a YWA (ah).

Monday: Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + Mallett's Leg and Booty Shaper + YWA


Back to work and to harder workouts.  This workout, in which Dozois leads a cardio segment, is a good pre-cursor to advanced workouts.  It works you hard....but not too hard. After that 25 minutes, I did Mallett's BeFit streaming video.  I expected more barre than what this video provided - a lot of squats and lunges - but it was definitely effective.  After work, I did a nice, calming YWA - all about stretching.  Just what I needed!

Tuesday: Cathe's Cardio Circuit Mashup

Though I'd done this workout before, I didn't remember it.  Some of these workouts are just too similar to remember. But it felt good to do weights and all the squats were felt later in the day.  Ouch!  I like some of Cathe's compound exercises - they really help to make the workout more interesting!  No yoga today - life happened and kept from away from the mat.  Sigh.

Wednesday: Mallett's Fuse Dance Cardio Lean + Mallet's Fuse Dance Cardio Melt + walk + YWA


I have a new DVD!  This is the first new DVD in a long time!  I found Tracey Mallett's Fuse Dance for a really good price and bought it. This morning, I tried out the 25-minute cardio section.  Dang!  Talk about working the legs and booty!  After that ended, I did another Fuse Dance online - that one was a bit more fun and less painful.  LOL!  At lunch, I walked outside, enjoying a rare cool day. After work, I did a lovely YWA for lower back pain.  I've had a bit of pain there lately.

Thursday: PeakFit Pure Cardio

Cardio morning!  Unfortunately, I woke up - after a horrible night of tossing and turning - with what appeared to be a cold. I told myself to get through this workout and tomorrow is my rest day....  And I got through it.  And it's so much fun!  I love this workout and I like doing it outside of a Peak 10 Challenge - much less stress!  At lunch, I walked to a cafe and back - so 20 minutes total of activity.

Friday:  YWA + Popsugar 10-Minute Barre Abs Workout 


I still felt sick this morning but I could breathe....so that meant I could do yoga!  Once I got to forward fold and everything went to my head, I thought I was going to die.  But it got easier.  And I love Adriene and it's just so good.  After that, however, this barre workout almost really killed me.  Dang!  I couldn't even do a few of these - my abs just refused.  Ha!  But I still got a great workout.  No additional workouts today as I felt icky.

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + YWA

My workout got pushed to the afternoon today and it wasn't too bad, doing it then.  I love this CIB that Michelle Dozois put together.  It's so much  - and a serious conditioning challenge.  You never stop going and going and going...  But it's fun!  After that hour of non-stop action, I did some ab work and then a nice YWA.  I love tacking on yoga after a hard workout - it soothes my mind and my muscles!

Sunday: Cathe's Rock It Sock It Live + Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible Lower Body Level 1

I had on my schedule to do a Cardio Strength today....  But I start STS tomorrow with arms so I didn't want to do any weights today.  Kickboxing sounded great and I hadn't seen this workout on Cathe Live until today so I did it.  And it was a lot of fun!  Lots of kickboxing and drills and then plain cardio for ten minutes at the end.  Very nice!  After that 50-minute video, I did my first of many Butt Bible workouts.  More on the later, but dang!  It doesn't take much to get those glutes screaming and mine were screaming in the first 5 minutes of this 20-minute workout.  This bodes well for the Butt Bible series!

Calorie Counts:

Sunday - 1264
Monday - 1264
Tuesday - 1395
Wednesday - 1353
Thursday - 1255
Friday - 1199
Saturday - 1389
Sunday - BAD

I'm upping my calories and only eating under 1200 a few days a week now.  Maybe not even more than one day.  I'm trying to figure out what it takes to make my body lose weight. We'll see if more weights and more calories works.  Stay tuned!


No comments: