Monday, May 10, 2010

The Castillo


After a week on the cruise ship, we were back in San Juan. We had the day to spend there before we could even check in to our hotel, so went to see some forts. The first was Castillo de San Cristobal.


This fort was massive and the views were incredible.


San Juan, and the capital building, were on display for us.


I don't know what these round look-out towers are called but they were awesome. A great place from which to shoot arrows....or guns.


We tried but were unable to make our way to the other fort. Having three cruise ships in port really makes for a busy, congested city. Public transportation was maxed out.


The water, even as close as Puerto Rico, was some of the most beautiful I'd ever seen. I can't wait to go back. My sunburn is still peeling and I'm ready to plan the next cruise. Ha!

No comments: