Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Good Cry

Yesterday was rough. A combination of multiple sleepless nights, the stress of the move, and the stress of a deadline at work spelled disaster for my day.

The rough days have been few and far between while working mainly from home. Now that I'm back in the office, the potential for such days has risen. Maybe I thought I'd get a grace period or something. Instead, I was hit with one thing after another, before I even stepped outside the house.

Everyone has these days but this is the kind that comes along rarely, at least for me. And, after the stress that had built up for two weeks prior to the move, I was already on the verge of an emotional collapse. Yesterday was the catalyst. Afterward, I went home, watered the plants and then turned into a puddle myself. I had a good, long cry. Ok, several good long cries over the course of the evening. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Conversations and events played over and over in my head and would not stop. There was no one to talk to - no parents or friends - only the cats and few suitable distractions. I'm pretty sure I scared my new roommate - Dougie the Cat - to death!

Did I feel better afterward? No, just drained. But a good cry like that only comes around once in a blue moon. It's like a natural emotional progression.
Today promises to be better, though. And now that I can finally settle into my new home, my stress level will decrease exponentially. Thank goodness!

No comments: