Friday, May 14, 2010

Storm Damage

While I was in the Caribbean a few weeks ago, there was quite a storm in East Texas. Trees, limbs, and signs were all blown down and around. My parents were without power for over twenty-four hours. Some say it was a tornado.... I have no idea but for the first time we had real damage.....


A section of our fence at the front of the property was brought down - crumpled, really - by a tree. My parents found it blocking the driveway and had to chop it up before they could leave the house!


I didn't notice until several days later that this tree - already dead - did not fall down at the base. Instead, this part broke off from halfway up the tree! So half the tree is still standing.

The tree is now gone - hauled away, in part, by yours truly - and the gate is also gone and soon to be replaced. I love trees but they're quite a pain in the butt when they topple over.

No comments: