Friday, May 7, 2010

St. John, Part Two


Of all the beaches and bays St. John had to offer, Maho Bay was my favorite. It was the most secluded, the most private, and the loveliest.


Here it is from an overlook - just gorgeous!


I'd never seen trees so close to the water but the effect was incredible - and picturesque. The sand and water were perfect - there was nothing marring their natural beauty.


After swimming at Maho, we headed to the Annaberg Sugar Plantation ruins. These were really neat, especially for someone like myself who likes old stuff!


There were some awesome views here but I was also fascinated by the trees and flowers....


Talk about a perfect flower! I wish we had these at home!


We continued our drive around the island and our next stop was an overlook above Coral Bay.


And another view of Coral Bay and the other US Virgin Islands. This was truly a magical place! I've rarely seen such beauty!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pink plumeria is beautiful! We actually can grow them here in Houston, but all the cold winters of late make it a lot tougher.