Monday, May 31, 2010

Long Weekend Fun

Mr. Higgins had the pleasure (ahem!) of meeting my parents months ago. Now, it's my time. His parents in town for a week and there's lots of quality time slated for the four of us.

The fun began with dinner last night, followed by a movie. It was fun and very cool meeting the two people I'd heard so much about. What struck me the most, however, was watching the parent/grown child dynamic between the three of them. I remember Mr. Higgins commenting on this after meeting my parent sand I can only imagine what it must be to watch the three of us. I know that I slip too easily back into the role of child, but half of that is the way I'm treated by my father.

Anyways, the real fun happens tomorrow when we all head out to East Texas. Yep, the parents are meeting Mr. Higgins' parents. For those of you wishing for more dating news, that should tell you a lot!

No comments: