Thursday, May 6, 2010

St. John, Part One


On the morning after our second Sea Day, we docked at St. Thomas. Instead of exploring that island, Mr. Higgins and I hopped on a ferry to St. John. This jewel of an island took my breath away. The ferry docked in Cruz Bay (above) and I immediately fell in love with St. John.


Unlike St. Thomas, St. John is completely undeveloped. Cruz Bay's downtown was tiny and quaint - picturesque and perfect.


Our first stop on our tour of the island was Hawksnest Bay.


We jumped out of the car to take pictures here but not much else. Better beaches awaited us!


Next up was the popular beach, Trunk Bay. We only took pictures here.


The day began with scattered showers but my spirits refused to be dimmed. The scenery was just amazing!


We stopped at the more secluded Cinnamon Bay and had a lovely swim. Mansions dotted the hills surrounding this bay. What I wouldn't give for one of those! To wake up to this every morning would be heaven!

No comments: