Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Card Buffet

On Monday I went to the second monthly StampinUp! event held by the demonstrator I contacted. It's called a Card Buffet. Four card designs are there for you to make for $15. You get to make your favorite design twice for a total of five cards!

The best part was that you could customize the sayings - "Happy Birthday" instead of "Get Well" - which meant you could get some things done on your card-making 'to-do' list. That's especially helpful for me since I'm miles away from my supplies!

It was a fun evening and I definitely learned some techniques outside of my creative realm, which is always nice. None of the ladies present were near my age, but at least I got out of the house and accomplished something crafty.

1 comment:

Ruth's Place said...

I'm glad you've found a crafty group. None of the ladies in my group are my age, but a few of them have become great friends.