Friday, February 11, 2011

Catching Up

It feels like a while since I've given you a run-down of the goings on recently, outside of Snow Days. Here you go....

-The Snow Days really gave me and Mr. Higgins the opportunity to settle into our new home. There are now pictures on the walls! We're not done yet but we're enjoying the process of making the house a home.

-I finished Jeanne Kalogridis' The Devil's Queen over a month ago and really enjoyed it. Kalogridis relies heavily upon fact and only uses fiction when necessary to fill in plot gaps. Her books are just plain good! And I love that historical fiction gives you a personality and face to go with the names throughout history that you learn about.

-I'm now reading Elizabeth Kostova's The Swan Thieves. Her The Historian was amazingly well done, a special delight for any historian. I'm halfway into her new book and it's really taking off.

-Last weekend, I saw a local production of Evita which was really good and a lot of fun to watch. I'd never seen it performed on stage! That was a treat!

-Once back in the Big City, I finally found a good hairstylist. Then, she left last month. I'm in desperate need of a haircut so I'm going to see a guy at the same establishment. Wish me luck. I've always had female stylists!

-No knitting news and nothing on the needles. No other craftiness either. Actually, I still haven't moved all my craft supplies. Hopefully by the end of the month they'll be in the house and finally accessible for crafty fun!

-Wedding planning is in full swing and I need to make decisions and flowers and cakes and such. So much to think about!

No comments: