Friday, May 18, 2012

The Rose Garden

I finished my third book by Susanna Kearsley, The Rose Garden.  It was my favorite book of hers - a great read!

After the death of her sister, Eva Ward returns to their childhood summer retreat in Britain.  There, she tries to find solace in the memories of her sister.  Instead, she finds herself sucked into the past - the 1700s, to be precise.  Kearsley has a fascination with the Jacobite Rebellion and this book, like her others, focuses on that tumultuous time period. 


The main male character in this novel is particularly attractive - and a smuggler!  Eva finds love and struggles to come to terms with it...and with time. 


I loved this novel.  Kearsley has a magical way of weaving tales.  I hope she can keep this up because I want to read more!
 

No comments: