Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Abe + Vampires

I just finished reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith.  Though I had read his Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I didn't know what to expect from Grahame-Smith.

This story quickly grabbed and held my attention.  Grahame-Smith effortlessly combines history and fantasy in a way that won't bore anyone.  The historical details were the most interesting part of the story, in my opinion, not vampires.  Hearing how Lincoln grew up, about his parents, how he was sworn in....  It's all very intriguing.  

Vampires provided action and, at times, comic relief.  Grahame-Smith has some crazy conspiracy theories regarding vampires in America....and they're all well thought out and fascinating.  This time in American history doesn't need vampires to be interesting, but they do add a bit of fantasy to it all. 


The movie is coming out this summer and I can't wait to see it!
 

No comments: