Friday, May 4, 2012

Stomach Ails

I've been MIA this week because I've been sick.  Sick during the week of our anniversary, sick during the final week of my boss' move.  Sick.

Let me just say that stomach viruses are awful.  I wished for death many times on Tuesday and Wednesday, especially at night when my stomach hurt so bad that I was writhing in pain, my body covered in sweat.  I can deal with a lot of pain (I think most women can), but this just about got the best of me.  

When my symptoms had not abated after three days, I broke down and called the doctor.  My biggest fear was appendicitis....or gallbladder.  During the physical examination, the doctor was able to mostly rule out the appendix; I had absolutely no pain on my right side.  But I got blood drawn, just in case my white blood cell count was up.  In the end, it was concluded that I most likely have a nasty stomach virus that's going around town...one that can last up to seven days.  Er, seven days?  WTF?!

I'm doing much better today after an almost uninterrupted, blessed night of sleep.  And this comes none to soon as my boss really needs me today.  

And it's so good to back amongst the living!

No comments: