Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer Blues

It's summer.  Let's not dance around the subject.  In Texas, it's summer...in May.  Yay.

I cannot believe that we skipped right over the 70s and have been steady in the 80s for weeks now.  One can only hope that last year's 80 days of 100+ temperatures is not repeated.  That was a fluke, right?  Surely.  

Every year, I dread summer like the plague.  The only redeeming factor is that campus is less busy and fewer students loiter about.  That means, every so often, I can leave for lunch - a small blessing.

This summer offers something new, though.  A baby!  My best friend just had the cutest little girl!  I'm hoping to spend a lot more time with her!  I'd never thought to see my friend as a mother....but she's great.  So much better than I'd ever be!  It's heartwarming to see.  

And a baby to knit for?!  Great!!  

No comments: