Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cheddar Muffins (2014:5)

I'm really enjoying making some new and different recipes due to my New Year's resolution.  One thing I've been wanting to make that was completely new to me....a savory bread.  A recipe just happened to find its way onto one of my Pinterest boards and I was dying to try it: Cheddar Muffins.

The main reason this recipe appealed to me was because Mr. Higgins loves, loves cornbread.  But I wanted to find a different bread to pair with soups and such.  I loved many ingredients in this recipe: oil, which I don't get enough of; cheese, because it's awesome; and the ability to customize the recipe in tons of ways! 

Because of what I had on hand, I made the muffins withe Mexican cheese blend.  They were pretty darn good but now I want to make them again, using only cheddar.  I bet they'll be a bit better. This recipe will definitely go into my collection and will be made quite frequently!

No comments: