Monday, February 17, 2014

Toasted Coconut Chocolate Cookies (2014:7)

I'm always on the look out for low calorie desserts.  Annoyingly, this usually means cookies.  The good news is that I've found some awesome low-fat cookies!  The bad news is that cookies no longer excite me. 

Long ago, I'd pinned this recipe for Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies, from Cooking Light, and this past weekend, I decided to give it a try.  I got to try something new - toasting sweetened coconut.  This was a painless process and made the house smell wonderful!

The cookies are good but not nearly coconut-y enough for me.  I don't think they turned out quite right, possibly because I used some brown sugar that was a bit past it's prime.  So, this is one I'll have to try again because it's so close to being a keeper!!



No comments: