Friday, February 28, 2014

Roast Chicken in a Crock-Pot (2014:8)

After hearing two people talk about roasting a chicken in the crock-pot (one being SKP), I decided I needed to try this.  It's so very outside of my normal cooking realm, I thought it would be a fun adventure. 

I looked at a lot of recipes and was going to do a lemon garlic chicken....but I forgot the lemon when I went to the grocery store!  Ack!  So, I improvised with garlic, onion, and carrots.  My first inspiration for this recipe came from here, and I may have to try this one for my next chicken!


The chicken was fantastic, despite my on-the-fly seasoning.  I'd made roast chicken before, with my mom, in the oven....  But this was so much more most!  After using some of it for dinner with Mr. Higgins (who approved!), I bagged the rest up to freeze for quick dinners.  

Never again will I roast a chicken in the oven!  
 

No comments: