Friday, May 23, 2014

Calorie Intake

Now that I've almost completed the first week of my Peak 10 Challenge, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about calories.

The Peak Fit System comes with a meal plan...but I generally don't like meal plans.  They so often consists of foods I don't like.  According to the formulas provided in the meal plan, the amount of calories I usually hold myself to is the appropriate amount I should be eating during the Challenge - under 1400.

In theory, this is not a problem for me, during the week.  But I have a tendency to not count some foods in that total....like candy at the office.  Or a drink at night.  So, for the Challenge, I'm buckling down and forcing myself to account for everything.

The biggest challenge regarding food, for me, is getting the recommended amount of protein that is suggested in the meal plan.  I don't buy a lot of meat; I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen, during the week.  But I'm trying my best to incorporate more protein. 

All this being said, I've learned that I must have two days, usually Friday and Saturday or Sunday, to eat what I want.  I'll generally allow myself more calories - 1500-1600 on that Saturday/Sunday.  And I don't count calories on the one night we go out to eat: Friday.  I still try to make smart choices regarding what I eat but I still want to eat good food.  And, honestly, after being hungry almost every waking minute of Monday-Friday, I'm ready to feel full.

My goal for the Peak 10 Challenge is simple: to lose my cruise weight (about five pounds) and become stronger.  My arms need some serious work and I'm still trying to get the legs I want. 

I hope my journey encourages you to actively pursue your diet/weight goals.  It's all about feeling better about yourself.  And to know you're not alone in that journey.

No comments: