Friday, October 9, 2015

Angels and Demons

I've always had a few issues with Dan Brown.  However, Mr. Higgins loves his fast-paced novels and appreciation for history.  And that's one thing I can concede: Brown writes good, suspenseful fiction.

After Mr. Higgins re-read Angels and Demons, he really wanted me to read it, so I did.  Grudgingly.  

My Goodreads review:

After having seen the movie, I had my doubts about Dan Brown's first novel featuring Robert Langdon. But the book brought a nice surprise: it made so much more sense than the movie! There were plot twists and turns that the movie ignored. Those twists and turns brought a welcome depth to the story. 

Dan Brown has a gift for making ancient and medieval topics available to the public. My only complaint is his "history" - at times not at all accurate and sometimes heavily reliant upon myth, not fact. But he writes engrossing novels, and Angels and Demons held up nicely to the DaVinci Code.

No comments: