Friday, October 2, 2015

Maple Pumpkin Scones (2015:18)

Since we're on such a strict diet leading up to vacation (in a week!), the only way to bake is to take stuff to work.  And since my co-workers love all things pumpkin - and I want fall to start already - I decided to try these Maple Pumpkin Scones, which I've been eyeing for a while.

I didn't substitute anything - or add anything - even though I was tempted to add more spices (nutmeg!).  As I was mixing all the ingredients, I realized there was no sugar.  What?!  So I immediately started to worry.

When the scones came out of the oven, I was perplexed.  They looked pumpkin.  They were dark, unlike the recipe's picture.  They tasted alright, but not great.  Not really sweet.  I was going to do the Greek/yogurt and syrup glaze but instead opted for a powdered sugar/orange juice concoction in the hope of adding a bit of sweetness.  It didn't do too much.  

I like the idea of these scones but I won't be making them again.

No comments: