Monday, October 26, 2015

Post-Vacation October Workouts

Even though we hiked tons in Rocky Mountain National Park last week, I ate horribly.  It was vacation, after all!  

Now I have one week until my next Peak 10 Challenge....so I need to get back in the game!

Monday: Michelle Dozois' Rockin Body Cardio + weights


My first workout after vacation is always this - an oldie but a goodie!  And my heart rate picked up in no time and I sweated like crazy.  Ha!  It was good to move again!  And then to stretch!  Ah.  At lunch, I was super proud of myself for going to the rec center on my first day back to do weights.  I couldn't do as many reps on some machines....but none of my weight amounts dropped.  Yay!

Tuesday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast

It's nice looking forward to working out this week, especially since it's the first week back from vacation!  And Ilyse always makes me happy.  This one is pretty jumpy but it still makes me smile.  Ha!  Michelle works you hard in this Blast, but it's effective and fun, as always.  No lunch workout today.

Wednesday: McLean's Kickbox Your Way to Fit + Amy's Kickbox Power + weights

I always think this workout by McLean is going to be easier....and then he's doing lunge jumps in the first 10 minutes.  Thankfully, after many repeats of those, it gets better.  Sigh.  Amy's kickboxing is always fun and this new workout is, too.   At lunch, I powered through weights - again - and was proud of myself - again.  LOL!

Thursday:  Ilyse's Heart-Pumping Groove + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals

In honor of my birthday today, I took a bit easier.  Ilyse's dance workout is so much fun.  I did it all, except the cool down/stretch.  And then I wanted a bit more, so I did Scott's intervals - they're not too bad because the breaks are longer.  I skipped a workout at lunch so that I could work and leave early!

Friday:  Michelle Dozois' BodyFit 360 Vol. 3: Athletic Conditioning

I wanted to take it easy today, my "rest" day.....but I wanted some cardio.  I got through about 20 minutes of Athletic Conditioning's cardio before I called it quits.  My stomach was a bit upset and I felt yucky.  So I finished off the workout with the 20 minute stretch, which was lovely.  After vacation and my first week back, that stretch was wonderful!

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix

CIBs are always difficult but this one is fun, at least.  The peaks are the only thing I dread about this workout.  Since this was my first Peak 10 workout since vacation, I was a bit worried….but I got through it with little pain.  Yay!  Afterward, I spent 10 minutes stretching and doing ab work.

Sunday: Peak Fit - Fit Test + Amy's All Around Energy

I'd been dreading this day - the official start of my fourth Peak 10 Challenge.  The Fit Test is difficult - a series of "peaks" that will measure you now and at the end of the Challenge.  It's not fun and it's hard to catch your breath…..but now it's done for 2 months.  Yay!  After all that huffing and puffing, I did something a bit more low-key: Amy's Click and Glo workout.  It's fairly low-impact…but effective.  It combines weight training, cardio, and a bit of yoga/balance.  Very good!  After all that, a stretch and sit-ups.

No calories this week - in honor of my birthday.  Ha!

No comments: